Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Collection

OK I'm starting to chill out. I just wasn't quite prepared to go from living in one museum to another, but I guess it's my destiny. So here are some images of my new home with Wiki and all that I'm weeding through. I managed to pull together a nice shot of Tom's favorite leather jacket draped across a chair he used to have in his guest room with a photo taken of him wearing the jacket. This is a lot more work than I planned but perhaps it can inform my thesis somehow. Anyhow EVERYthing has to be run by Wiki, I actually almost chucked some pint glasses that were from the first gay bar in Helsinki as well as Tom's favorite ashtray. I'm learning a lot about being careful and less hasty, it's just hard to do when you're trying to make a place into your home. Luckily I was into punk and metal too so I understand the value of a lot of the records, band shirts etc.






2 comments:

  1. OMG! This is amazing! You have no idea how jealous of you I am. Good luck with your work and congratulations on an incredible gig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jason! It is amazing, I just wish I could afford a storage unit. There isn't a lot of space to work in. That and I need archival supplies, I'll have to start looking into grants again.

    ReplyDelete