Sunday, March 28, 2010

Accession Form- Homework Post 4

Revised in red, via advice from professor Hansen...

I've been studying the accession form samples from Library of Congress and also the sample in the book Arranging & Describing. Here's what I've come up with so far, but I'm going to have to sleep on it. I think I've got a good enough idea of the collection now to know what is important to cover but every day comes with new surprises. The format in the word doc. is in tables but I'm not sure how to paste that in here. Anyhow the basics are below. I welcome feedback and advice from those of you with more experience!

Date

Accession No.

Storage Location

Creating Individual/Organization


Title


Material/Format


Quantity/Size


Condition


Scope and Content


Date Range


Arrangement


Restrictions and terms of use


Type of Acquisition


Provenance


Notes



Donor


Available for Exhibitions in Finland?

__Yes __ No

Available for Exhibitions outside of Finland?

__ Yes __ No

Accessioned By
Allison R. Schulte

Date

No comments:

Post a Comment